Two days is a long time in tech, especially when the best in the industry are presenting their latest take on ‘what the future looks like’ at the two day DTS event.
The Dublin Tech Summit is still finding it’s feet in the vacuum left behind by Websummit when they departed to Lisbon in 2016. Hats off to the guys at DTS, they have risen to the challenge and delivered a comprehensive event which puts Dublin back on the #tech map again.
There was a huge variety of speakers at the event and one of our key takeaways was a great focus on security for online customers. Overall we noticed 4 key themes:
But the focus for us was the definite move from web based to app-based solutions.
As per ComScore, 71% of the traffic on the internet in the US is from mobile devices. When you consider the amount of information being transferred server-to-server for our electricity grids, trading floors etc. that is indicative that the vast majority of user interaction with the internet is via mobile phones.
On mobile devices, 90% of the time spent by consumers is on mobile applications, leaving only 10% for phone calls, text messages, emails and internet browsers. All of the trends indicate that it is prudent focus on mobile applications.
Some of our Favourite Quotes From the Conference
“Dance like nobody’s watching and encrypt like everyone is.”
Werner Vogals (Amazon CTO)
“Our ambition is to be the bank that everyone loves.”
Dan Calvert – Head of Partnerships at N26
“After 10 years of this technology we are still scratching the surface of what can be done.”
Mijai Alisie (Co-founder of Etherium)
“Security should be at the heart of every business.”
Raj Samani (Chief Scientist, McAfee)
“Dare to work towards something amazing.”
Chris Hadfield (Astronaut)
By 2020 80% of all accounts will be opened online. In a crowded marketplace, how do you choose which is the best option for your business? In the next blog we detail why ID-Pal is the best identity verification experience for on-boarding new customers.
#dts19 #dublintechsummit #tech #identityverification #techevents
Get a Free Demo! Find out how we can help your business grow – Tel: +353 (0)1 556 3225
ID-Pal will secure your information and will never contact you without your consent.