If you have a query about your submission or if you need a new ID-Pal app link to be sent to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you completed your submission over a day ago:
- Check that One4all have not texted you and requested a new ID-Pal submission. Please follow the instructions in the text in this case.
- Otherwise, please contact One4all customer service: email@example.com
To receive a PIN for your One4All card, the app link must be sent by One4All.
If you have not received a text message to download the app:
- Check that the number registered to your One4all Account is correct and try to send the link to yourself again
- Otherwise, please contact One4all customer support and request a new download link be sent out via SMS. To receive a PIN for your One4All card, the app link must be sent by One4All.
Calling from the UK?
Get in touch with the UK One4All customer service team by calling 03700 84 4444 (local call rates apply) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scroll to our Troubleshooting section below to see more
Why am I being asked to verify my identity?
- One4all is now required by Anti-Money Laundering regulation to verify the identity of gift card recipients. Businesses like One4All use the ID-Pal app to verify the identity of their customers for higher-value gift cards in order to comply with this legislation.
What is the ID&V Process?
- Customer creates a One4All account from the One4all website
- Customer receives a link via text message to download the ID-Pal app
- Customer downloads the app and completes the identity verification process
- Once the customer’s identity has been approved, a Card Activation PIN is sent to the customer to unlock the funds on their gift card
Completing the Identity Verification process:
The process to verify your identity and activate your Chip & Pin card with ID-Pal occurs in a few steps. Follow the instructions to:
- Capture your Identity Document
- Complete a Liveness Test (place your face within the frame on camera)
- Confirm your Personal Information is correct
Watch this video for guidance on the steps above: