Many companies focus on either document checks or database checks as separate methods for identity verification. ID-Pal is able to provide each of these offerings separately, however our platform also has the unique ability to combine the best of both methods with an additional layer of verification provided through biometric analysis.
The journey is still seamless for the customer, but the business benefits from stronger, multi-layered verification of an individual’s identity.
How is ID-Pal’s E-Verification Different to That of a Standalone Provider?
Typically, there are 2 types of E-Verification available on the market:
- Standard “1+1” – Where an individual’s name and one piece of identifiable information (Address or Date of Birth) is verified against 1 database/data point.
- Standard “2+2” – Where an individual’s Name and two pieces of identifiable information (Address & Date of Birth) are verified against 2 separate databases/data points.
The verification that ID-Pal provides is far more robust than these standard approaches
Combining all of the below:
- Document checks to verify that the identity document itself hasn’t been tampered with or forged
- Biometric checks to ensure that the individual submitting an identity document is its rightful owner
- Database checks to cross-reference the individual’s information against relevant databases
This unique blend effectively provides businesses with Enhanced “2 + 2” verification
- ID–Pal’s Enhanced “2+2” – An individual’s Name and D.O.B are verified against a government–backed ID Document, biometric analysis then confirms that the person providing the document is the true owner of that document. The individual’s Name and Address is then extracted and verified against multiple databases looking for one clear, Full Address Match.
Not only does this Enhanced Verification provide stronger fraud protection for your business, but the customer journey becomes even simpler as they no longer need to submit a Proof of Address document.
Simple. Secure. Convenient.
Get in touch to learn more.